Need help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mojave 10.14.3, Late 2015, 21.5" display, 2.8ghz, 16GB
Newbie here....bought and downloaded Fantastical onto my Mac....running El Capitan....somehow in the new app I must have clicked to hide the app from the task bar and dock.....how do I "unhide" them? The app is open so I can't just delete and reinstall.
Thanks.
Reiny

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I don't use this app, but the usual practice is to Go to Finder > Applications > Fantastical. Now Left Click-and-Drag the Fantastical icon down into the Dock.

Once there, you can open it and go to its preferences (shortcut from Keyboard is Command plus comma) and from within preferences you can choose all the options you want.

Please post back.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
PS to above. Just a hint for future posts: Best to make your Header something like "Need help with Fantastical". This gives responders a better idea of whether or not they might be in a position to help.

"Need Help!" doesn't give us any clues. No offence intended.

Ian

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help. I thought the help would be with a solution found in the Mac OS vs in the app itself. I'm at work now so won't be able to try this until I get home later. Was rushing out the door when I posted for help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When the issues isn't with the macOS but rather the app since you chose to hide it from the two places it can be made visible and in that regard Ian is right that you would correct your mistake in the app.

Your first step should've been a trip to the Fantastical Help page about Preferences which explains all the different things, but the part you care most about is:

Icon display options
Hide Fantastical 2 in menu bar

If you check this setting, no icon for Fantastical will be shown in the menu bar.

Hide Fantastical 2 in Dock

If you check this setting, no icon for Fantastical will appear in the Dock.

If you have previously dragged Fantastical to the Dock, or have set “Keep in Dock” on the icon, Hide Fantastical 2 in Dock will not remove the existing icon. To hide it, right click on the icon in the Dock and click Options > Keep in Dock to disable it.

Note that if both of the above settings are checked, you will need to use the shortcut defined in the General preference pane to activate Fantastical.

So, hit CTRL+OPTION+Space (which is the default keyboard shortcut, unless you changed it) to bring the Fantastical window back to view, now click the gear icon on the bottom right, choose Preferences->Appearance and uncheck the "Hide in Menu bar" option.

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great info everyone. Thanks. Will work on that when I get home.

OP
Reinyrooster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Worked like a charm! Thanks again for the awesome help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.