MBP Pre-Purchase Questions

M

MJGUK

Hello Mac Friends,

I'm planning on purchasing a 15" MacBook Pro this weekend, but before I do so I have a few questions for the more knowledgeable of you on this subject.....

1) Do the MBPs still have big over-heating issues? By that I mean, have they at least tried to correct this issue with the latest Revisions or?

2) Are there any other teething problems they have fixed yet?

3) Does anyone think it is likely that they will adjust the models further next week, or whenever they introduce the new MacBook (iBook)?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Perhaps you could wait until Tuesday evening American time. Theres talk of a release about that time.

OP
M

MJGUK

Will probably do that yeah.
Although that said, I'm pretty sure I want the 15" anyway and I can't see them changing those models anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
the heat issues are largely over-hyped. i would just wait a few days until tuesday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
ShillAT said:
the heat issues are largely over-hyped.

I agree. My MBP is a relatively early model, and sure it gets a little warm, but not massively hot as everyone seems to be saying.

Also, processor whine? Um, no.

As usual, bad points are vocalized, good points are kept quiet!

OP
R

RingoFan

For those who don't want to "downgrade" to the macbook, is it feasible to consider the 15-inch model portable enough to carry around on a semi-regular basis?

OP
D

dthorn

RingoFan said:
For those who don't want to "downgrade" to the macbook, is it feasible to consider the 15-inch model portable enough to carry around on a semi-regular basis?

I'd say so, but I was used to lugging around my giant, ancient Dell laptop that I so loathed.

It's about five and a half pounds but may be considered a bit too wide for some to be considered portable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
RingoFan said:

I carry mine with me everywhere. I have a dedicated bag and usually where I'm going it goes. And as far as heat I found that it's usually in the hinge area where the heat is the worst, as long as you're not resting your MBP on bare skin you'll be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.