Google password required

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Hi gang...I'm back with another problem. I keep getting a pop up Stating Google Password Required. Options are Close or Continue. I enter my password, the box goes blank with the Cancel option at the lower left of the box. Email and Messages work...when they feel like it. Here is a screen shot of About My Mac...no other options

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Go to System Preferences->Internet Accounts and see if you have any Google accounts there. If so, that's likely what is causing the ask. If no account is listed, then you should be weary of being asked the password.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I do have a Google acct. My security camera send me e-mail when motion is detected. The odd thing is, I don't recall the ask on my iMac. I'm considering taking it to the Apple store and have them wipe it clean and start from scratch. There's nothing on the MBP that can't be replaced. Maybe then I can get Contacts and Keychain to sync and be the same on both.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why do you need to go to an Apple Store to have your machine wiped clean and start over? Can't you do that yourself? If you have questions about that, we can help.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.