el capitan and cdock

Reaction score
used cdock for yr. w/ no problems in elcapitan...... dock was fine, color scheme was fine .......until i get a notification for update to cdock 2......big mistake..... dropped off finder and trash icons turned dock from black to prison gray and somehow turned color scheme from typical light blue to dark blue on all tabs buttons etc.........how do i get back to soft blue theme, return dock to black ..........had to resort to finder folder go and remove plst to get back trash and finder icons... have gotten rid of c dock completely........ somehow it has to do sip so maybe its time to upgrade to sierra
thanks all
d

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Really doesn't matter anymore since cDock no longer works with Sierra or High Sierra. As a matter of fact, any app that tries to change the Dock or any System Icon, will no longer work unless you resort to a work around.

I've got some nice folder icons that I use in place of the Apple provided icons, but each time macOS is updated I have to jump thru some hoops to reinstate them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.