Export Error -1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Still unable to export Photos ro Pictures.Help. Have tried checking via Photo Library etc .Is there an alternative way to export?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi David

You have posted this question before in the last couple of days to which I gave my best reply.

The Admins & Mods don't like double post and may choose to merge these.

Before you do anything, it will help you if you Open Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and make sure Home Folder is checked. This will make it visible in your sidebar. Easier for later on.

Now, Open Photos app; choose the photo or photos you wish to export. Then File > Export (choose unmodified original or just Photo).

Then choose your export settings, then Export.

Now, navigate to your Home Folder (in sidebar) > Pictures.

That's it.

Is this what you are doing?

As I explained in the other thread, an Export Error - 1 can mean that there are permission issues and you did download and then remove some Google and/or other apps which I don't recall. They might have messed things up, maybe.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Sorry to be a nuisance but its causing me problems. Following your instruction I have gone as far as finder>preferences< sidebar but it doesn't show Home Folder. Might it be called something else. All the sidebar boxes are checked.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
You're not in any way a nuisance.

This is what I get in Finder > Preferences > Sidebar

Screen_Shot_2018-03-15_at_16_57_57.jpg

The red arrow points to the Home Folder icon - Picture of a House which you should check. (It will have your name alongside it).

Is this not the case for you?

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Yes.Thats the file I store all my documents. (Is that the correct place to put them)It works if I go Photos.select> File. Export originals.> click my Home file(David142) and pictures show in this file. I can easily drag them over to Pictures. So solved.Many thanks.It doesn't work if when choosing Export you chose the other option

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems like a good plan. Problem solved, I guess?

So long as your happy, so are we.

Good luck.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.