Download programs to disk on PC for imac

W

watchmanseven

Can I use my PC to download mac programs from the internet, burn them to a CD and then install them on my imac?

I have a PC connected the internet, but I'd have to create a network or something for both computers to share the internet connection(something the folks won't let me do).

I'll be putting music recording prgrams on my imac, and want to be able to download updates, new drivers, add on's and that kinda stuff.

If this has been answered, I couldn't find the post, so please point me in the general direction!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah you can do this, I did it before I got my mac networked to the pc. I'd use a cd-rw or maybe get one of those usb thumb drives, they are very cheap these days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
watchmanseven said:
Can I use my PC to download mac programs from the internet, burn them to a CD and then install them on my imac?

Yes.

I have a PC connected the internet, but I'd have to create a network or something for both computers to share the internet connection(something the folks won't let me do).

I'll be putting music recording prgrams on my imac, and want to be able to download updates, new drivers, add on's and that kinda stuff.

So both the PC and the Mac are yours and you have physical access to both of them? Or the PC is your parents' computer and you may only go online on the PC, under supervision?

OP
W

watchmanseven

I'm 27 and am temporarily living with the folks, so adult supervision was done long ago:)

As far as the computer goes, I say mine but that's relative. It's only mine when somethings broke and they need me to fix it:)

The PC is my parents computer, but my Dad freaks out everytime someone downloads a new icon or program on the desktop. So suggesting something like a network, so the mac can access the internet too, is not an option.

He thinks I'll blow it up or melt it down, which for the record I've never done:)

OP
W

watchmanseven

oh yeah, and I thought about the ipod, but I'm too poor for one of those right now. The imac broke the bank!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.