visualstudio code - javascript with Chrome extension

Reaction score
Platform:Imac 4k retina, High Sierra 10.13.3

VisualStudioCode

To debug javascript using VisualStudioCode you can use node.js. If using HTML page with embedded javascript on the page or as external js files, certainly can use Chrome inspector and debug. Alternatively, you can attach to Chrome (need to add the chrome extension to VisualStudioCode), and debug javascript using VisualStudio debug panel.

Question:

I have no problem launching Chrome app from the doc. My problem lies invoking chrome from the terminal. VisualStudio requires in order to use the Chrome extension, the following port must be assigned when rumming Chrome:

In a terminal, execute /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --remote-debugging-port=9222

doing so, I get a gpu error:

[4113:44803:0311/111621.530480:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.

Created new window in existing browser session.

Is there a plist or some other file or procedure I need to perform in order for the Chrome App to work correctly?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.