1 intervention? What does that mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
First off, I'm glad to see this awesome forum is still opened. I guess the other one was not needed???

I want to purchase Bitdefender again. It was originally suggested to me from this forum. I have three macs that need to have a license and Bitdefender offers a license for 3 Macs

After reading some specs I see that it states "1 intervention". What does that mean? Does that mean in the worse case scenario someone from Bitdefender will step me through the process of fixing an issue?

Thanks for your help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't believe we would recommend Bitdefender or any other anti-virus software for that matter. The only software of this type that we recommend in Malwarebytes.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I would have to see that statement in context because of itself it has no meaning. As for BitDefender, why do you think you need it?
There are no virus for the macOS only Malware and the various online scams like RansomWare and malicious packages of code attached to legitimate software. BitDefender may, like a few "Anti Virus" apps available for macOSX claim to cover these threats as well but we here at MacForums seem to be pretty unanimous in our promotion of the free version of Malwarebytes available from the developer here; https://www.malwarebytes.com/products/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
And I'm surprised that anybody her recommended Bitdefender. As has been said, all you ever need is malwarebytes, and just the free version of that, for that matter.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Thanks for your responses everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.