problem backing up WhatsApp chats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
iPhone won't backup WhatssApp chats... it says it can't complete backup b/c I'm not online, but I am online...

screenshot attached.... you can see clearly I'm online with Wifi....

also, I can't see how much space I have on iCloud.. I looked up how you get on iCloud.. thru System Preferences, but I don't see "iCloud" under System Prefs", and can't get to it on the iPhone.. you have to have iOS 10, I'm on Iphone 4, have 7.0..

thank you...

PS: I know it's very early in the U.S. right now, but if anyone is seeing this and can respond right away I would appreciate it... as I'm changing phones today and need to make sure my backup is ok..
(also: I just backed up the iPhone to iCloud thru iTunes, but it did it so fast, can't imagine it backed everything up... but, again, can't get to iCloud to see what's on the backup...)

this is important.. I can't lose my contacts.. (also don't want to lose WhatsApp chats, but especially important are contacts...)

thank you very much...

wa_backup.png

Last edited:
OP
K
Reaction score
PS: I backed up to the computer also, but don't see the backup.. it's supposed to be in
/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

but it's not there...... there's no folder "MobileSync" in /Library/Application Support/

there's no folder "MobileSync" anywhere in the HD...

thank you....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.