• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

transfer photos from LG VX5500 phone to Mac computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
I have searched the manuals and the web and can't find a way to transfer my pictures from my LG VX5500 cellphone to my mac mini.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What happens when you plug a USB (micro-UYSB or other) into the phone and then to the Mac Mini? Does it recognize it and perhaps have a folder exposed? If so, does that folder have anything you can copy? I have less than zero knowledge of the consumer side of Android and all the variations amongst manufacturers, so just taking wild guesses here. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have searched the manuals and the web and can't find a way to transfer my pictures from my LG VX5500 cellphone to my mac mini.

That's a fairly old Flip phone. Most of the flip phones from that category were able to connect to a PC or Mac via a mini cable with USB connecter. Like Ashwin pointed out above, plug the phone to your Mac and if it appears on the desktop, use the Finder to try to find the area of the phone where the photos are stored. If you can do that, it may be possible to copy them to your Mac.

I know from experience it depends on the phone maker. Some of those older flip phones could be attached to a PC or Mac and would appear on the desktop while others could not without special software from the phone maker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
From another thread that rmill777 jumped on, I had looked at the user manual for that phone and it did not reference any way to attach to a Mac and have it appear at all. And the website has no software to download for Macs. There may be some third party stuff somewhere, but I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Using the OP subject for a web search gives some solutions:
how to transfer my pictures from my LG VX5500 cellphone to my mac
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=PRWeWvqnGune8AfF7p_4Ag

One gives a link to using a Mac app, BitPim.
http://www.fixya.com/support/t2674699-download_pictures_from_lg_vx5500
and download:
http://www.bitpim.org

The BitPim.app ran in Mavericks 10.9.5 when I just tried it, but it wanted a device to be connected, so there's some hope of success. :Smirk:
BitPim is a program that allows you to view and manipulate data on many CDMA phones from LG, Samsung, Sanyo and other manufacturers.

- Patrick
======

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.