Contacts integrating with Calendar

Reaction score
When I drag a Contact to a day on the Calendar it wants me to send an .ics invitation to that Contact. I don't want to send an invitation. I just want to make an appointment on the Calendar with that Contact. If there a way to prevent the .ics invitation from happening? And, just wishful thinking but I would like to see the Contacts notes (or have "history" section) that when I make an appointment on the Calendar, with a specific Contact, it would be saved in the Contacts record. I know that is more of a job of a Contact Manager app and, over the years, I have worked with, and been very proficient with various CRM's. Being retired now I don't need a very complex Contact Manager. I guess Bento was the last, simple, CRM for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Why not just set up the appointment, from within Calendar?

OP
B
Reaction score
I was hoping to somehow create a "history" of the appointment in the Contact's record. Without manually entering the appointment twice. Once in Calendar and then again in the Notes section of the Contact. I know. I'm wishing the Calendar and Contacts were interested like a CRM.

OP
B
Reaction score
I discovered a simple workaround for creating a "history" entry in a Contact's record. First, have both Contact and Calendar apps open. Make a new event in Calendar by typing in the Contact's name. Then "Edit" the Contact card and drag & drop the new event in to the Notes section of the Contact's card. Now you have a history of that event with that Contact. So if I can't remember the last time I had a dental cleaning, for example, I open the Dentist's Contact card and can see it in Notes.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can certainly do it that way, but you really don't need to even mess with the calendar in order to add on to the contact notes. But I guess if you need a history of some sort, that will work. Seems to me that a PIM should do all that. I had several real simple PIMs that I used back in the old days of Windows but nothing as easy as those exists for the Mac. Outlook is overkill which is as close to some of those I used to have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.