iPad app that allows you to work "Photos" "Info" Window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac 3.7 GHz 32 GB, 2013 15" McBk Pro Retina 16 GB-Both OS 11.5.2, iPhone 12Mx, iPads
In Photos app on my iMac, I can open an "Info" window that displays the picture's metadata but also allows me to add a Title, Description, Keyword, Faces (which will not apply to most f these pictures), and Assign a Location.

My question is this, is there an app or a way for iPad that allows you to do this and carry that info back to sync or even reload the picture back on my iMac?

I have a few thousand images that have never had any of that data entered and if I can do this work on my iPad it would greatly help me to facilitate this endeavor...

Oh my iMac is running Sierra and my iPad's are a 12" Pro Gen 1 & an iPad mini 2, iPhone, 6+
All IOS Devices are updated to 11.2.5

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
There are apps that will allow you to edit the EXIF data on your photos directly on your tablet - search the App Store for something like "EXIF Editor".

What I can't answer, and you would probably just need to try it, is whether editing the EXIF data of a pic will cause a re-sync over to the Mac via iCloud. I'm guessing that it won't.

If it doesn't auto-sync, you would probably need to edit the info and then make a copy of the photo in order to get it to sync over via iCloud again.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac 3.7 GHz 32 GB, 2013 15" McBk Pro Retina 16 GB-Both OS 11.5.2, iPhone 12Mx, iPads
Ember1205

Thank you for your response, EXIF Editor looks like it will do what I need and maybe even a couple things I hadn't thought of! Sorry for the delayed reply I didn't really get a chance to check into it until this morning.

Thanks again!!!

Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Hopefully, it proves to be exactly what you were in need of. Maybe come back here and add a post or two about your experience with whatever products you try so others that might find this thread in the future will know a bit more about how you tried using a particular product and how it worked for you.

Good luck with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.