iPad passwords.

Reaction score
iPad Model MD368ZP/A - I think the first Retina model?

On my MBP I can check all my passwords used on it (Safari) by opening Safari, the going to Safari preferences and the the "password"? tab.

Where can I find them on my old iPad (safari) please.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Dependent on your iOS I think this site, http://osxdaily.com/2014/06/26/find-saved-passwords-ios/ explains the process pretty well and offers some good advice. With the current iOS (iOS 11.2.5) you will find this information in Accounts & Passwords. Just enter Accounts & Passwords in the search field at the top of settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
On my old iPad 2, iOS 9, go into Settings > Safari > Passwords. Enter passcode, then select the site you need the password for. You can then, tap and hold, and the option to copy will come up.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Just enter Accounts & Passwords in the search field at the top of settings.

This was posted by Rod in #2.

I think this is a much neglected facility. I've found a lot of people struggling to find a setting or feature on their iOS Device, pouring over pages and sub-pages to find it.

As soon as you tap on Settings, as Rod said, at the very top is a Search field. You don't have to remember the exact name of the feature you are seeking - part of the name, even one word, will bring up a useful list. Tap on the one you want and you are taken straight there.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.