Best macbook pro cleaner app

Reaction score
hello all,
I am new here,
I am looking for a good cleaning and securing application for my MacBook Pro(2017)
please advise me which do you think are the best app for MacBook Pro.

I am editing this post because I am also wanted a good antivirus for MacBook :)

thanks,
Daniel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
No known viruses for Mac so anti virus not necessary. Most recommended are (all free) Onyx, Malwarebytes and, for your browser, AdBlock and Ghostery. Download from developers not third party sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I agree with Sue about the apps Onyx, and Malwarebytes.

The browser extensions should be added for each browser you have and use. So, if you use Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, those add-ones/extensions, need to be added for each browser. Also, if you have multiple user accounts on your Mac, they will need to be added to those user accounts browsers as well.

Edit: I also recommend you use a “Standard Account” as your everyday user account, and save the “Admin Account” for maintenance and testing purposes.

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
+1 to all above comments.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I only disagree with one thing... and that is to use a "Standard Account" for everyday use. Not necessary in my opinion since you have to enter your Admin password anyway for action to be taken. And if you keep Gatekeeper on, it's pointless to have to switch to the Admin account each time to install software or to make other adjustments. We are not running Windows folks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Well, I’m not installing that many apps, I hardly ever have to use my admin password. And, the only need to switch to the admin account is when I’m troubleshooting, and need the next level authentication. I just feel, for a new to Mac user, it’s not a bad thing.

Reaction score
Nice

Well, I used that crap couple of times and I must say it works a lot. I hope you guys understand it.

T

Tratimp

well, I installed CleanMyMac on my macbook. sure, there are many other tools available.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Well, I used that crap couple of times and I must say it works a lot. I hope you guys understand it.

I installed CleanMyMac on my macbook. sure, there are many other tools available.

Of course we understand. Individuals have choices and we respect your right to put whatever you want on your Mac.

Our role is to give advice when asked and our advice reflects our own experience and those who've been kind enough to share theirs with us.

That's why we mention apps, for example, which have caused a spectrum of problems over several years. This permits those posting questions to make their own value judgments.

They are also welcome to return when things go wrong and we are agnostic in our attempts to remedy the situation.

Ian

Reaction score
Macbook pro cleaner app

hello all,
I am new here,
I am looking for a good cleaning and securing application for my MacBook Pro(2017)
please advise me which do you think are the best app for MacBook Pro.

I am editing this post because I am also wanted a good antivirus for MacBook :)

thanks,
Daniel.

I am not sure antivirus app, but I have few suggestions for file cleaning apps listed below,
Folder Tidy - Organize Files
Declutter – Organize Desktop
Unclutter
Yoink - Improved Drag and Drop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go with Onyx only as advised Daniel.

AV and cleaning not necessary. You do not have a Windows machine. If you run Windows on your Mac, certainly you will need AV protection on that partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.