MAC BOOK W/ WIN work with Wireless Net?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Hey everyone, im a big person into Wireless Internet. As of now there is no Wireless internet card thats compatible wiht MAC OS (ie NEXTEL/SPRINT or Verizon Wireless). But with the Macbook Pro and Bootcamp, has anyone tried using their Wireless INternet card in XP?

Reason why im asking is i dont know if id get a newer Mac Laptop becuase i cant use my Card with it. Still almost baren to get another HP or Toshiba PC laptop because of this.

Or is there any applications for Wireless Net cards so they can work with MAC OS?

Thanks everyone for your time

-Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But with the Macbook Pro and Bootcamp, has anyone tried using their Wireless INternet card in XP?

The software part should work fine, the only issue at the moment is with the hardware:
The Macbook Pro uses the new Expresscard slot, whereas most of the Wireless cards are still based on the PCMCIA format.

But as the PC world is also switching to the newer format, it shouldn't be too long until the carriers start offering the new format as well. Then you should be fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
o ok, i was unaware of the new format. Still same speed or the Expresscard is faster? is there a possibility its backtracked to work with PCMCIA too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
They do have wireless internet cards that work with mac osx (verizon has them) they are 30 dollars more then the pc ones at the time of purchase, but do not cost more per month because they are the same service...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.