Running Windows 10 on iMac Mid 2007 Issues getting Install Disk started.

Reaction score
Hello to All,

I have been trying to install windows 10 in a like boot camp setup. My issue is every time I boot into the Install CD it gives me the Select CD drive and no keyboard actions working.
I have tried the OSCdimg work around but that gives me errors mostly Error 87, The parameter is incorrect. I have tried this on two different windows computers. Any Ideas on how to fix this ? Thank you so much!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
An iMac of that vintage can only run maximum of Windows 7. That machine won't run the latest versions of macOS either. If your goal is to JUST run Windows 10, you are much better of going down the PC route where you can pick up a decent machine for little money.

OP
T
Reaction score
An iMac of that vintage can only run maximum of Windows 7. That machine won't run the latest versions of macOS either. If your goal is to JUST run Windows 10, you are much better of going down the PC route where you can pick up a decent machine for little money.

Well Considering that I know a lot of people that have windows computers running windows 10 on older cpu's that the one in this imac... I am just trying to keep it running a updated operating system.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The way to run Windows on a Mac is through Boot Camp and the version of Boot Camp that works with that iMac is not going to support Windows 10.

OP
T
Reaction score
The way to run Windows on a Mac is through Boot Camp and the version of Boot Camp that works with that iMac is not going to support Windows 10.

I am guessing this forum was not the best place for me to ask for help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It may work, if you install Windows 7 first, then do an upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.