using lion disc

OP
A
Reaction score
I d.id change my password and had an Apple ID once again - Istarted mac up and pressed command and R. Great, I then had options come on screen. So I opted to reinstall Lion OS. Apple decided in its wisdom to think my password was wrong -it wasn't, but hey ** slowly getting there., all set Swapped password again,pressed install and a message came up saying that item was not available, please try again later. So I went to bed and I'll try again tomorrow. I'm pleased that there's light at the end of the tunnel - fingers crossed. Again, thanks, I would never have got this far without you guys. I'll post again later - I know you are all waiting,with bated breath,. to see if I get the mac working again 'night all.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi all, well, I've now tried about 30 times to reinstall Lion on the mac. Unfortunately, all I get is a message "This item is temporarily unavailable at the moment please try again later"
I don't know how long temporary lasts for.... Is there an Apple website that I can ask questions on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks again, I phoned Apple Support and the guy helped me to try again, but the download refused to , er, download. He then suggested using a shop that sold, repaired Apple products. I made an appointment and visited them. They were unable to instal Lion, and tried other OS to no avail. I was not bothered which OS got installed - I just wanted something that made it a working macbook. So they installed Leopard, for £10.I thought that was a good deal, the shop was Storm Front in Sutton Coldfield. So, now I've got a working macbook, I'm wondering whether to try upgrading it.....Assuming it might be easier now it's got an OS installed? Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, now I've got a working macbook, I'm wondering whether to try upgrading it.....Assuming it might be easier now it's got an OS installed? Any thoughts?

What are you going to "upgrade"???

You still haven't even told us what MacBook model you have, nor any of its specs!!!

You can find more about upgrades after you select you particular MB model, and thy even supply a link to a UK source from there:
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/index-macbook.html

If it's a 2008 MB model, then OSwise, Leopard 10.7.5 could easily be the last OS X version it can use.

PS: I thought from your 1st post you just wanted to get it ready to sell. Hmmm…??? Change of mind maybe??? ;)

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just thought it would be easier to sell with a newer OSX.

It could possibly be, depending on if it's even possible, but do let the potential buyer know what MacBook model it actually is when you do go to sell it!!! They would probably like to know I would think. :\

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.