“Unable to locate” message from itunes.

Reaction score
I have moved a load of music tracks from an old ipod 4 onto a memory stick using iexplore.
I then added that file to the itunes library using the “add folder to library” option.
They all show up but none of them will play as itunes cannot locate them.If i leave the memory stick plugged in they will play.So they play from the stick but not from itunes.Where am i going wrong?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
It looks like the songs weren’t added to the library correctly as you can play them directly from the USB stick.

Can you tell us how you went about “adding “ them please?

Ian

OP
C
Reaction score
Tried the whole process again and am left with two copies of each song in the library.
The copy wth ! next to it does not play but the one without a ! does.
Now i am left with the problem of how to delete the duplicates..

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi again.

Perhaps a typo, but play and don’t play both seem to have ! against them.

Whatever, deleting a song is normally as easy as highlighting it and the hitting the backspace key. You don’t have to do this one by one.

Go into Recently Added on the left side. This will show all your added songs in date order, most recent at the top of the list.

Hold down the Command key and highlight the baddies, then backspace to delete them all.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.