Not allowed to buy a Mac?? ***

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I would like to play some games on it :)

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
was trying to watch the video about the powermac G5 on Apples site but.. xp doesnt want me to.

Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Firebird all crash :mad: when trying to watch it ( i bet they crash on purpose of microsuck )

I soooo need to switch.. my i showed my Gran them and she gonna help me save :)

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows sucks so much that ive just managed to watch that video.. maan that took a while..

i sooo NEED an iMac G4 or PowerMac G5 :D

xp is driving me round the bend :( with all these not responding stuff

P

PowerbookG417

look for deals and loop holes...thats what i did...i found out that my school offers bursarys for students with learning disabilites, because of me having ADD i was able to get a 10,000 bursary for equipement, this was of course before the g5s came out so i picked up the most pimped out powerbook i could find....id suggest if your a student talk to your guidance department and see if they have anything open for you like that....btw i live in canada and go to college but high schools might have soemthing as well..worth the look for a free mac !

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lucky you.. free mac :eek:

does Apples store for education sell to under 18?

X

Xyphus

I really lucked into the iBook that I recently purchased. I've been building PCs for many years now and have amassed quite a collection of spare parts, cases, monitors, etc.

Anyway, a co-worker who just bought the iBook about two months ago brought it to work to show to one of the other MAC users where I work (we are 98% PC-based, with only 2 MAC users)

I happened to poke my head around the cubicle and jokingly told her that if she knew anyone with a laptop that wanted to trade for a desktop PC to let me know, and I'd build one...

Didn't think anything of it, but about a week later she stopped into my cube and asked if I was serious. I said sure, and she said that she'd trade me her iBook for a desktop PC since she wasn't really able to do what she wanted on the iBook.

Whulp, I put $100 into the parts that I didn't already have, built a decent desktop (nForce2, 1.6GHz, 256MB, 40GB) and she traded me outright. The iBook, all manuals, software, carrying case, and even threw in the original packaging, right down to the little piece of foam wrap that the iBook was tucked into in it's box..

That's one of those "One-in-a-million" deals for sure... :)

Of course, being a PC person for so long (last time I used a MAC was a Quadra running OS 7.5.2) I was somewhat jaded. I always knew that the MAC had decent hardware, but the OS from my past experience really sucked... (and quite crash-prone)

I always likened it to having a speedboat sitting in a swimming pool... Lots of power, but you really can't do anything with it...

OS X has really made me re-think that... Knowing that it was based on NextStep (which is where I first started to learn Unix) really piqued my interest...

Now I love to take my little iBook with me everywhere... LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hey congrats!

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have never know anyone in my life to own a mac :(

I am selling my airsoft kit (hopefully) and that will fund part of a mac.. :)

OS X is soo beautiful i cannot resist :D

http://toastytech.com/evil/

B

bells0

Graeme

I got a 933 G4 iBook just before Xmas from PC World. Got it on 12 months interest free, so i have 12 months to save and pay for it [needed as gettin married in June and about to move house this month!!]

Ask your Dad to do the credit in his name and put down as a deposit whatever u have saved already. If u have saved say £500 already, u will have 12 months to find another £500 or so.

Deffo get the ram memory from elsewhere [crucial.co.uk] is so much cheaper then apple.

Would wait and see what Mr Jobs does today though, u never know, there could be a new iMac coming very soon!

Chris

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i get £40 a month. and will have near 400 soon :)

Is their offer on the website? and was it xmas only? :)

thanks

oooooooooh

and its my birthday in april so that means i get some cash too :D

B

bells0

Graeme43 said:
i get £40 a month. and will have near 400 soon :)

Is their offer on the website? and was it xmas only? :)

-not sure if an offer over web, best to check at your local store. 12 months may have been a special offer, not sure if they normally only do 6 months, go and ask, sure they will help u out.

good luck with the saving, hope u get your dream mac!

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.