Mac Pro won't connect to internet - everything else does

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm at an AirBNB and i was connected to the WiFi just fine for all of last night. Then this morning, a video stopped to load and the internet completely dropped. I am still connected to the wifi, but it won't connect to the internet.

My gf's mac and our iPhones all connect to it, but my mac won't.

Things I've done: Hard restart, shut down, restart, diagnostics, unplug router, forget network and rejoin.

Mac specifics: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F2511)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Please help - I have a very important call tonight that i need to take from this room...it's the whole reason i booked this airBNB in particular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Use your phone as a hotspot to connect to the MB.

Don't know where you are but my internet, north of England, had a hissy fit earlier this morning. OK now.

OP
L
Reaction score
Short term solution

Hey there - that worked for me as far as simple access, but I have my doubts about a skype call. It might have to do though for now.

Other note: I also tried to connect from my phone as a hotspot for wifi, but when I turn the hotspot on, it goes back to 3g

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.