Personalize Pages shortcuts

Reaction score
Typing documents on Page I find I am typing the same few words/names repeatedly. Is there are way to assign a keyboard shortcut to in dividual words rather than copy/pasting? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
There is a systemic way, but it applies to ALL typing, not just in Pages. Open System Preferences/Keyboard, and on the Text button there will be a place to insert a short version of what you want expanded. For example, I have "omw" set to expand to "On my way!" for use in Messages. Since I use iCloud to sync things, that lets me use the shortcut on my iPhone so that when I'm at a traffic light, three keys will send the message. You could, for example, use "jmy" to expand to be jermya. But remember, this is EVERYWHERE, not just in Pages.

There is a similar setting in Pages under Preferences, if you want to see if that works for you. The key is to have the replaced set of keys be something that you don't run into in regular words. You will have to experiment to see how it works.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@jeremya

Jake has given you excellent advice and I suspect that this meets your needs admirably.

If, however, you were considering something more ambitious, I have some suggestions which you might look at. All of these are pay-for:

TextExpander could be argued to be the market leader, but is a subscription service, which not everyone likes - https://textexpander.com

This article looks at what they consider "the best of the rest": https://www.macworld.com/article/30...utilities-6-alternatives-to-textexpander.html

Even if these are way beyond your needs, you may find them of interest:)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
J
Reaction score
This is great - thanks a lot everybody. I knew there had to be a way to do this, but I couldn't figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.