Icon appearance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
Is it possible to change a standard icon on an iphone or ipad? I don't like the 'Contacts' icon and would like to change it for something else. Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Customization is not supported out of the box. You'll have to Jailbreak the device to be able to install custom themes. Any update to iOS will usually remove the jailbreak and jailbreaking might just break your phone. So you gotta wonder if your dislike of the icon warrants all that effort/risk.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.12.6 Sierra
No, I don't want to jailbreak so I guess I am stuck with the icons Apple provides :'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, I don't want to jailbreak so I guess I am stuck with the icons Apple provides :'(

Not quite. :) Just replace the "Contacts.app" with a comparable app that you can find in the iTunes app store. If you're satisfied with the new contacts app, you can remove the old one from your home screen on the iPhone and iPad. Apple's contact app is a good one since it syncs well using iCloud but there are other contact apps that you may like even more.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I think you meant the App Store on the iPad/iPhone, rather than the iTunes Store, Charlie?

There are certainly a multitude of apps available with varying functionality and appearance.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you meant the App Store on the iPad/iPhone, rather than the iTunes Store, Charlie?

Yes, I meant the App Store that shows up on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad. Too many stores to keep track of. :Oops:

Thanks Ian. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.