Create apple id without icloud?

Reaction score
Hi. I got used iphone X (yes, my nephew got the same with more memory, spoiled kid). He gave it to me in factory restored settings. He already created 3 iclouds account and i cant create new one because account limit is reached. Now since i have no apple ids can i simply skip the icloud, open Safari, and create apple id using other email (non icloud) apply payment method (my card) and create apple id like that. Than simply log with it from settings. Or it still wont allow me? Again i dont need icloud just apple id to be able to use apps and so on.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

I do hope that your nephew did the correct things - signed out of Find My Phone, iCloud, iTunes and reset the iPhone, wiping out all data and all previous users associated with it. This means that when you get the iPhone, it behaves as if you were the first owner. On opening, you get the welcome screen in a dozen languages.

If he didn't do that, you could find a load of trouble ahead. So make sure he did.

When you are setting up your first Apple ID, you can use more or less any valid & verifiable email address. You do this on the iPhone X when you start it. Not on the web.

Again, if your nephew has done the above, you can also create your Apple ID with an @icloud.com address of your choice.

What I've stated is really important because if he hasn't followed the procedure, you may not be able to create an Apple ID and the X may still be associated with the previous IDs - major complications.

Ian

OP
S
Reaction score
IWT Goodday to you sir. Yes, i talked to his parents as well. The phone started as new with choosing of language and so one (white screen). At the point of where i set the phone as new iphone (because i do not have in possession and apple id) it tells me that the 3 iclouds accounts were already created from that device. I talked with them and they told me he created those accounts. He is kinda spoiled kid, i think he has problems with paranoia and so on, so his parents take care of those things. His father is very good with technology and he owns a lot of apple products himself. He assured me all procedures are done and the phone is no longer assosiated with his accounts, but he told me i have to create a new apple accound through safari - he told me i should skip the create icloud option at the start because it wont allow me to (and it happened exactply like he said), that i should skip that and start using the phone without sign in to apple id, that i should navigate to the safari wchih is the internet exploer, type create apple id and create apple id from there. He told me that i should use any email i have or create one in gmail for example and use it as an apple id. He told me that it would probably request my visa card which i have no problem to provide. Than he told me that after i finish creating the apple id through safari, i should navigate to my settings and log to apple id from there and to to the app store as well with the new created ID. So will it work that way because i reaad in the web that after 3 iclouds were creted it will never allow another one to be created from that device. But again i do not want icloud i want apple id. Thanks IWT and have a nice day

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If I am understanding what he is suggesting to you it should work. If they have removed it from their iCloud accounts I don't thnk there will be any issues there.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
If they have removed it from their iCloud accounts I don't thnk there will be any issues there.

Yep. That's the key point I was making in earlier posts.

If that's been done, as stated by OP, then I agree all should be okay.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.