Mac woes

Reaction score
Mac woes
Is there any way to turn off a Mac when the screen is stuck and you cannot move your cursor via the mouse. I just turned on my computer this am and got a window that says I am trying to set up my wireless keyboard and I don’t even have a wireless keyboard. So now it is just sitting there doing th whirl thing and will not let me move the cursor. I therefore cannot shut down the blue tooth set up or open anything else. I cannot even get to the Apple menu to tell it to shut down! Is there anything similar to control alt delete on a PC that I can use. Got this on eBay (bad idea) and have contacted the seller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Hold down the power key for 10 seconds and it will power off. That works on all Macs.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm sure by now you have followed Jake's advice.

If you're caught out in a situation like this again, another option is to use the keyboard and type: Command-Control-Eject = Save/Quit all applications then restarts Mac.

Command + Option + Control + Eject. This causes the Mac to shutdown.

For the future.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
There is always the mains plug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.