Wrong app icons resolution

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have wrong labels resolution on app icons on my MacBook Pro 2017 on High Sierra 10.13.2.

(See IntelliJ Idea, CLion, CyberDuck, Adobe Photoshop icons and other ones with correct arrow resolution)
?????? ?????? 2018-01-15 ? 13.46.31.png

I had this problem since I've bought my new Mac, when it was on Sierra.
If I recreate these icons - problem will disappear for a time, but then it will randomly come back... :\

Could you give me any solution for this one?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I'm not sure what you mean but these icons are shortcuts, on the Desktop. You should drag icons to the Dock (usually at the very bottom of your screen) and start them from there. Using shortcuts clutters up the system.

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm talking about alias arrow in bottom left corner of the shortcut. They are scaled up somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
So all you want is for the alias arrow to be smaller? Then delete the aliases with the larger arrows and re-create them from the original app. That MIGHT help, but from what I see in your image, the problem is that the app icon is low resolution, and scaling it up to be the size of the other icons is forcing the arrow to be larger, too. You might see if the apps have updates for higher resolution screens.

OP
D
Reaction score
So all you want is for the alias arrow to be smaller? Then delete the aliases with the larger arrows and re-create them from the original app. That MIGHT help, but from what I see in your image, the problem is that the app icon is low resolution, and scaling it up to be the size of the other icons is forcing the arrow to be larger, too. You might see if the apps have updates for higher resolution screens.

Yes, it helps, but after some time this issue will randomy come back with random application. Today it is with adobe software, tomorrow it will be with another application, e.g.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@DominuS

I wish no offence whatever - but as Sue said in post #2, why would you wish to have an alias (shortcut) to all these apps on your Desktop; rather than in your Dock which is designed for this specific purpose?

Apart from cluttering your Desktop, it could, theoretically, slow your Mac especially on a reboot.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.