The new macOS 10.13.2

Reaction score
Just what is it giving our notebooks? Anyone having problems after it installed?

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note that iOS is for mobile devices, macOS is for the Mac. Corrected your title.

Tell us which Mac you have. Year and model.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have any problems with running High Sierra 10.13.2 and did you install the supplemental security update?

OP
I
Reaction score
Do you have any problems with running High Sierra 10.13.2 and did you install the supplemental security update?

I installed everything it called for took over an hour to get downloaded and installed.
My Mac Book Pro. is a 2011 build so it's really slow, but i have not noticed any problems it's never been any where as fast or IMHO as good a computer then my other Windows computers.

Since i bought it to use with my iPads i have tried to like and use it but most of the time it sits unused.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Consider that a 2011 model MacBook Pro is going on 7 years old. But if it still works for you even if slow, that's OK. Why would you buy a MacBook Pro to use with your iPad? If you have iTunes installed on your Windows computer, you don't need a Mac to sync thru iCloud. You can do all that with Windows. Of course Windows has its own problems. ;D

OP
I
Reaction score
Consider that a 2011 model MacBook Pro is going on 7 years old. But if it still works for you even if slow, that's OK. Why would you buy a MacBook Pro to use with your iPad? If you have iTunes installed on your Windows computer, you don't need a Mac to sync thru iCloud. You can do all that with Windows. Of course Windows has its own problems. ;D

I had a lot on music on CDs and used the Mac to send them to my iPads.
And yes it is going on 7 years old and yes still as slow as the day i brought it home, but i have two ASSUS G73s the same age and they are so much quicker and a lot easer to work with.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you know that you can use iTunes for Windows to send and sync music to your iPad and iPod? Like I said, you don't need a Mac to do that. But since you have one, you may as well use it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Just a point to make about the Mac OS and the models it runs on, but they normally need to be in active use to get configured and organized to run properly and also to help increase their speed.

Just saying…

- Patrick
======

OP
I
Reaction score
Just a point to make about the Mac OS and the models it runs on, but they normally need to be in active use to get configured and organized to run properly and also to help increase their speed.

Just saying…

- Patrick
======

Lets just say good night Patrick......................................

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.