Aww!

Reaction score
I've been lurking here and macrumors for years now - it's funny I decided to join today and I the thread about the plan to close the forum just caught my eye! It seems the site should have closed by now hoever, but lucky it hasn't ; )

Busy life only allowed me to join today ; ) but what I like about this site is it seems like everyone is close knit as this isn't a very large forum (that's a good thing - I like the balance of having enough visitors to make the forum enjoysble and having too many you don't really know anyone). This perfect size is very rare to find these days < 3

I'd have loved to have joined in the discussions. Please let me know if there're any facebook/skype/discord groups or a new forum I can join, although because of course you don't know me, I understand if you wouldn't be comfortable having me on your social media if that's too personal :p

Once again, I really do wish all the creators of this site luck with whatever the next steps may be in order to create an afterlife and if not join (depending on time), at least lurk as I value the community and obviously am an apple nerd myself LOL

Cheers : ')

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
There is a new forum being constructed as of now - see this thread - tp://www.mac-forums.com/news-and-community-announcements/344718-life-mac-forums-com.html (outdated link removed)

See you there :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you! Doesn't seem like it's opened yet - it seems only the site owner has posted and I get the "registrstions are disabled by admin" errors upon attempts to register.

So... has this site opened yet, may I ask without being a burden? Also, may I ask if there are any social media pages/groups for such updates and getting involved in discussions etc and grtting to know ppl ? I'd love to meet ppl with the similar interests : ')

Also hope your 2018 is going well for y'all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, not ready yet. The admins from this forum are the ones who are starting the new forum up and they have worked feverishly to get as much as possible saved from this place and transferred over.
Send a private message (detailing who you are) to one of the admins on here and they will add you to the FaceBook group mentioned in that thread above. Once the new forum goes live you will get to find out.

Hugh

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello,

Please direct me to the admins page, I am on my mobile phone and do not see such, thank you very much.

Sorry for taking up your time and again, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, try the link to the FaceBook group that is in the thread mentioned above - https://www.facebook.com/groups/189879291592017. Hopefully they will allow you to join that, assuming you have a FaceBook account, that is ;)
The FaceBook group is a temporary place to converse and ask Mac questions until the new forums is up and running.

Hugh

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Trying to get the new site open as soon as possible.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch iMac, 3.4 GHz i5, Radeon Pro 570, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1 TB 7200-rpm
Welcome CodeCake. Hopefully the new forum will be ready soon and we look forward to seeing you there. You are right, it's very rare to find forums like this that are still very active but retain what makes it special. Here, I think it's the friendly and mature environment that makes this forum an enjoyable place to get help and discuss Mac products. It's great you joined us in time.

If you want to stay up to date regarding w.mac-forums.org ((outdated link removed) the new site), you can either join the Facebook group that has been created and request access or if you don't have a Facebook account, you can private message Slydude with your e-mail address if you would like to be subscribed to the newsletter instead. You'll receive an occasional e-mail from him with the latest updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.