Menu Quit

Reaction score
Ok, I just did the latest update and App Store ran again when it was finished. I hit the Application menu and it says "Quit and Keep Windows". Huh? Has it always said that? I don't remember. Whatever happened to just Quit?
Also Firefox thinks there is something wrong with it. It will only start in safe mode or Refresh. I do not want to reinstall my extensions and whatnot just because of an update.
Note: This update is because of the two Intel bugs that were found recently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Not sure what you are saying. What is the "Application menu" you referred to? When I open the App store, then click on the name "App Store" on the top bar, I get the quit option just as before.

As for Firefox, there is something wrong with it. It's Firefox. That's the problem. I quit use FF a long time ago when it went to daily updates (or whatever the schedule was). :)

OP
cradom
Reaction score
The Application menu is just that: you have the Apple menu, the Application menu, the file menu, the Edit menu...etc. Anyway, I discovered the problem. I didn't notice the corner of a largish envelope was touching the keyboard on the control and option keys on the left hand corner and gives that menu option, "Quit and Keep Windows", whatever that is. Very cluttered desk :)

And we all know your opinion of Firefox, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I didn't notice the corner of a largish envelope was touching the keyboard on the control and option keys on the left hand corner

For many users, it's often their cat's paws pushing those keys… or otherwise messing things up. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.