How secure?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
A
Reaction score
No, Ian, you’re quite right. I avoid terminal-based activities. Perhaps I should stick to clearing cookies manually.

Another suggestion was Virtual Machine, but it all seems a bit OTT to me.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Perhaps I should stick to clearing cookies manually.

And I'm sure you know how to do this, but maybe others don't.

Open Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data (be patient, it takes a few seconds to populate).

Then, holding down the Command Key, click on each and every cookie you want to delete, scrolling down as you go. Then Click on "Remove". That removes all those you've selected.

You can, of course "Remove All", but that means that you will have to log in to some sites the next time you go there, as you will have deleted their means of recognising you.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You can, of course "Remove All", but that means that you will have to log in to some sites the next time you go there, as you will have deleted their means of recognising you.

A rather annoying thing that the so often recommended here Onxy.app does in it's recommended auto settings I dare say.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
A rather annoying thing that the so often recommended here Onxy.app does in it's recommended auto settings I dare say.

- Patrick
======
Nope! The default cleaning for Onyx does not include erasing cookies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Nope! The default cleaning for Onyx does not include erasing cookies.

Hmmm…??? I'll have to check its settings the next time if I use it again, but I've never changed anything and I always end up having to re-enter all my site passwords etc. after using it. Quite annoying actually.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
The default cleaning settings leave out cookies, at least they did for me. You can check and deselect it if you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.