Unlocking iphone via MDM

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

It seems as though after some of the latest iOS updates , not sure which one we can no longer unlock users Iphones with an MDM (Tried Meraki and MaaS360) we can only unlock if the user has not restarted or less than 48 hours.

Has anyone else seen this issue or has apple issued any press about this?

Appreciate the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
L
Reaction score
Hey Patrick,

Sorry I don't think I was clear. In this case I was talking about password unlock not activation unlock. Right now we can unlock users phone passwords via MDM but ever since an iOS update we can't do this if a user has restarted their phone.

Hope that is a bit more clear. Our devices are registered with DEP so activation lock is not the issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Our devices are registered with DEP so activation lock is not the issue.

I guess a call to Apple Support would, or should answer all your enquiries and questions.

BTW: I have no idea what the other things (Tried Meraki and MaaS360) are for, but I don't have an iPhone so probably won't bother looking either.

- Patrick
======

OP
L
Reaction score
Meraki and MaaS360 are mobile device management , probably the two most popular behind airwatch. Don't know why you are responding to a question if you don't have an iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't know why you are responding to a question if you don't have an iphone.

???

I didn't notice a flock of replies to your post and besides, I don't have to own a car in order to know or understand how they work. Nor am I familiar with all the various tools a mechanic needs to work on them these days.

PS: You don't need to bother replying!! :Evil:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.