Macbook Pro A1425 3 beeps doesn't turn on?

Reaction score
Hey guys this machine when I connect the power cord gives 3 short beeps over and over, when I press the power button the fan runs high. I have tried the instructions for resetting the ram by holding down the Command, Option and P and R keys but doesn't help, any ideas please?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but according to that article "Three successive tones, then a five-second pause (repeating)", this unit has the 3 tones but only a 1 or 2 second pause.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have tried the instructions for resetting the ram by holding down the Command, Option and P and R keys but doesn't help, any ideas please?

That's a PRAM Reset...not a RAM reset. Lol

The three tones usually means a RAM issue. But since this is a retina MacBook Pro (with soldered in RAM)...can't do much with the RAM.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey guys this machine when I connect the power cord gives 3 short beeps over and over, when I press the power button the fan runs high. I have tried the instructions for resetting the ram by holding down the Command, Option and P and R keys but doesn't help, any ideas please?

Like Nick said, the memory modules are soldered to the logic board. Sounds like you may have a bad logic board especially since the fan is running high.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.