Apple TV (4th Gen) keeps crashing!

Reaction score
I have a 4th Generation Apple TV running the most current tvOS, 11.2.1. I have had this Apple TV for about 2 years and have NEVER had a single problem with until about 2 weeks ago. Problem 1) 3 out of 5 times the Apple TV will not awake from sleep mode, even though the light is lit on the Apple TV. You have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to turn on. Problem 2) About 1 out of 4 times when it does turn on it will take you to a blank screen with the Apple loading circle and will do that forever, or it will cycle through the Apple symbol screen to turning off, repeated. When it does this you have too once again unplug it and plug it back in, then it always gives the option to restart or restore. If you simple "restart" it will most likely work until it goes to sleep again, but has at times still taken you back to a loading screen. I have tried restoring the Apple TV through the process offered on the Apple TV, as well as hooking it up to iTunes and fully wiping and restoring it there. NONE of these options have worked. I am at a loss of what to do now?!?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.