4k Apple TV [Amazon App]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Hello,
I have the 4K Apple TV connected to a 50 inch Samsung 4K UHD HDR TV. I have loved my experience thus far and have really loved the Amazon Prime app that is not available for streaming.

I have used it almost daily since its release, but as of this morning the app is no-long usable. It will open and show me all of the content they have to offer, but it is impossible to actually select anything. I can "swipe up" or down, but I can't click on anything. I can use the remote inside of other apps, no problem.

I have googled around and see no outage on amazon's part and I can contact their customer service, but it seems the issue is on my end. I have restarted the Apple TV.

Any ideas/suggestions?

- Zeke

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There isn't much troubleshooting that can be done for these types of issues on the Apple TV. Normally I'd suggest restarting the Apple TV but you have tried that already. I don't think it is a remote issue or it would be acting up in other apps. It's starting to look like this is an Amazon issue--either the app itself or an outage.

BTW have you updated the Apple TV software or the Amazon app since the last time things were working correctly. I'm not sure what the current versions are since I have an older Apple TV.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Thanks for the reply! I'll have to take another look at it tomorrow and check my software, but I have that baby set to auto-update, I think. I was thinking it was an Amazon issue, but the Amazon App built into the TV works fine.... So unless they use a different server I don't know why that would be the case.

Any other ideas?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't have any other ideas at the moment. It sure sounds like a software or Amazon gremlin though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.