• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Getting a job at Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Retina, 2.2 GHz i7, 16 GB of memory, 256 GB of Storage
Hey all, I apologize if this was posted in the incorrect discussion. I couldn't find a more appropriate one to submit it to.

I applied to Apple on December 10th, 2017 and they haven't gotten back to me yet. It's been almost a month and i'm getting a little anxious now. I've spoken to my colleagues who have been denied, and also accepted into apple, and they said it took Apple anywhere from a couple of days, to three weeks for them to get back to them for the FIRST interview date. Now I understand that with the holidays wrapping up, it could be a busy time for all Apple employees and getting back to applications. But i've been nervously awaiting a reply. Do they email you regardless? Saying you got denied or come in for an interview? I haven't gotten anything and some further insight on the application process would be great. I did some research on this as well and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information that I don't already know. It feels like an eternity.

Thank you.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I doubt you are going to get answers to that question here. Apple is very tight-lipped about such things and any forum member having knowledge of this procedures is probably not allowed to discuss them in a public forum. These forums are not affiliated with or supported by Apple.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Retina, 2.2 GHz i7, 16 GB of memory, 256 GB of Storage
Understandable. But for the small number of people who have applied, i wanna see how long it took for them to get back to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Understandable. But for the small number of people who have applied, i wanna see how long it took for them to get back to you.

As explained previously, it just ain't gonna happen here!! No way.

But maybe you could contact or call Apple.

- Patrick
======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

As Slydude mentioned...maybe those folks are not allowed to discuss these sort of details.

You said "understandable"...which should mean you are mature & professional enough to see how confidentiality is important. But yet you persist in asking for the details. Which means you really don't understand.:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
why not call them and follow up? be proactive and make the first move don't wait for them.

years ago I had a gig as an apple rep at best buy. I worked one day/shift around Christmas. Looking back I have to admit I was scared to death. And I had no idea what I was doing. Sure, I had used macs for years and knew how to do lots of stuff on the mac. but face to face contact with strangers answering their questions was a bit much for me. I recall their was no internet access to help me out at the time if I got stumped on a question. so I had to answer questions from experience/memory. I'm not google so I don't know everything.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm not google so I don't know everything.
Talk to Nick and Charlie. I'm almost certain that at least one of them is the forum's resident cyborg.:Evil: Perhaps they will let you know the secret to joining the club.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Applied for what job? Traditionally, the adage "don't call us, we'll call you" is very true with hiring. If you match the role you were applying for, then they will call you in. If you don't fit it, you will likely get nothing back but sometimes you get a canned email. Either way, don't put all of your egg in one basket, if you are looking for a job, apply to a lot of places.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.