apple chip flaws. just learned of this today.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, Jonzjob, I have used Open Office in the past but was not impressed. Like I say, I'm a cranky ol' so and so.:Grimmace:

EDIT: I've since been advised by someone more expert than me that because my Firefox Browser has been "patched", I should be okay hanging on till we get a patch for Sierra.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Office 2011 currently works under High Sierra assuming that all patches have been applied. I have my doubts about it working with the next major revision of macOS as Apple moves away from supporting 32-bit apps. If Apple stays on the release schedule it has followed for the last several years the next major OS upgrade (name unknown) will be out later this year. That version mayor may not support Office 2011.

Have you looked at Apple's alternatives (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)? They work well for many folks and are certainly cheaper than Office.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Along those lines I am now wondering if the new OS you talk about will support our 2 Macs?

iMac 21 1/2 late 2009 and a MBP 13 mod 2010? Cause we just won't be able to afford to replace them for a good while yet!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Along those lines I am now wondering if the new OS you talk about will support our 2 Macs?

\
Obviously no way to know until we get closer to the final release date. Kinda hard to predict at this point. If it is more of an incremental update than major upgrade you're probably OK. AFAIK Apple has stopped taking 32 bit apps in the app store as of this January. If the next update removes support for those apps from the OS level that might be a problem.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Oh well, if push comes to shove and we do have to upgrade then I'll just have to get my lathe going soon and sell enough to buy the new kit ?:Cool::Cool::eek:

It's nearly set up, all I need are some ergs to make it go 'wizzy wizzy werre werre' init. The guy who installed the lekky bits into the shed didn't do a right good job and the local insoecting elekky bloke decided it was dangerous and chopped it off :eek: So I got to reconnect it proper like ?:Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.