mid 2012 rMBP SATA mSATA adaptor

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before but I'm new to these kind of hard drives. Will these adaptors work for replacing the SSD in a mid 2012 rMBP 15"?

I've read there may be a possible bulge?

And instead of starting a new thread is it normal not to have the identifier in the About This Mac?

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 8.24.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Will these adaptors work for replacing the SSD in a mid 2012 rMBP 15"?

As you have to ask about compatibility, I would strongly recommend that you check about upgrades/replacements at everymac.com for your MBPro model and also at OWC (macsales.com) where both are very Mac knowledgable, and for what works etc.

And instead of starting a new thread is it normal not to have the identifier in the About This Mac?
It's "normal" not to include it there as far as Apple is concerned. Maybe something to do with the general software and all the variations, or just because they don't!!! :[

PS: And why don't they provide the actual model number of their iDevices in their Settings > General list, rather than just the sales description model number???

And no, I don't know why, and don't know why they do a lot of other things the way they do either!!! :Mischievous:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks for the reply and that stinks about the site situation.

Hey, everything regarding appears to be well under control thanks to some members and friends.

Just read about what's happening or planned…

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.