Apple Mac Pro (Early 2008) 1,1 Upgrades?

OP
C
Reaction score
They look exactly like the one's I put in my Mac Pro 1,1 a few years ago. WOW...they are super cheap now!:)

Remember you're going to need some really long allen wrenches (or the proper allen socket & extension bar) to remove the CPU heatsinks.

- Nick

I have the T10 hex screwdriver required for removing the heatsinks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

I don't know the status of the site lately, but it used to be THE place to go for Mac replacement/upgrade hardware etc. info and might be worth checking:
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
They are the CPUs to use. When I did my Mac Pro 1.1 years ago the suggestion was to get matched pairs when they were taken from Dell, Mac Pros etc. and you do need a pair. Also a special tool with about a 10" shaft to remove Torx screws from the heat sinks. Super cheap is not the word as I paid about US$300 for a matched pair from the USA.

Until you do a Hack just upgrading the CPUs will not increase the machine's capacity to run beyond Lion OS X.7.5 natively. You will still have to follow the link to Mac Rumours to do the Hack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.