No external display with bootcamp

Reaction score
I've installed bootcamp/Windows 10 on my High Sierra MacBook Pro. Windows 10 will not recognize the external display which is the Apple LG Ultrafine Display. The graphics is NVIDIA GEForce GT 750M 2GB. I've tried a number of different NVIDIA drivers to no avail.
Any ideas? thanks, rex

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Post moved here to correct forum.

Welcome to our forums. Be sure to read the notice about these forums shutting down in the Forum Announcements.

Unless there is a Windows driver for your GEForce GT 750M graphics, or a separate Windows driver for the LG, you may have to resort to a generic driver or live without the LG when in Windows. You might want to check the LG site for drivers before giving up.

OP
R
Reaction score
External Display not recognized by windows/bootcamp

I realize this isn't necessarily the correct forum, but there's not much viewership in the 'other op system' forum. I'm interested in whether anyone has solved this problem.

I'm running windows 10 on my machine but it won't detect my external display. The config is as follows...

Macbook Pro (early 2013)/High Sierra/bootcamp/Windows 10/LG UltraFine Display 5K on Thunderbolt (Apple version)

The external display is not detected by Windows 10. I've tried different drivers, to no avail.

Has anyone seen this and solved it? thanks, rex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You got the answer from chscag. You need a working Windows driver to install in the bootcamp Windows. It needs to be a Windows driver, not something for Mac. Once you boot into Windows, the Mac is just a PC as far as all the drivers, etc., are concerned.

OP
R
Reaction score
Jake, I understood chicag's answer and yours. I was fishing for someone who may have discovered a driver that works. I didn't mean for my 2nd post to end up on the same thread, but this is my first time interacting here.
Anyway, I got an answer back from LG; they don't support my configuration. Seems strange for such an expensive monitor. I should have gotten the generic 4K. rex

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Your second post was in a different thread but since it was on the same topic I moved it here. Generally when we have two threads going on exactly the same question answers will appear in both threads with tons of duplication and confusion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Anyway, I got an answer back from LG; they don't support my configuration. Seems strange for such an expensive monitor. I should have gotten the generic 4K.

Sorry about the posting confusion, but we're all straight now. I do find it strange that since the 5K LG was designed specifically for Apple to replace the TB Display, that they do not offer drivers for Windows. I guess LG figured that Windows owners would not buy that display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.