Routing application audio to mic input

Reaction score
Im trying to find a way to route a single audio source within osx into my mic channel.

i have tried a number of trial software solutions but most of the things i see are focused towards recording, and i haven't had any luck with testing on a mixer. I want audio to route through my mic channel directly, and then pass to output.

If anyone knows a way to do this, please help a dude out.

OP
K
Reaction score
martin talacheria

to expand on this, i'm trying to create a situation where i can livestream music to 4 people playing playstation together, while i play via remote play. i dont want to record anything, i just want my mic input to send sound from chrome or itunes instead of my actual mic sounds.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The first three things that come to mind as good candidates are Sound Siphon, Loopback, and Audio Hijack Pro.None of these programs are free but the all have demo versions which should allow you to see if they meet your needs before buying.

There is also a program called Soundflower that may do what you need but it seems to be in an out of active development the last few years. I'm not sure where they stand at the moment.

There is a feature called Aggregate audio device built into OS X that might meet your needs. I've found some versions of it to be a bit cranky though the current version seems to be OK. Here's an overview.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.