purchasing songs from itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
For the past 2 hours I have been trying to purchase some songs from itunes. I have an account and have signed in and authorized my computer. When I search for a song and try to purchase it I get a dialogue box that does not give me the opportunity to purchase it. When I open the dialogue box it has 5 options, "Gift This song, Tell a Friend, Share on Twitter, Share on Facebook, and Copy Link" but NO purchase this song. I have checked the area for charge to etc etc but I cannot get past this dialogue box. What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
What device are you using? Computer, iPhone, iPad?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Tried on mine and no problems. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes; if not, download and do a restart. Otherwise, try a restart.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Had my granddaughter show me what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on the down arrow to the right of the price which gave me the dialogue box instead of clicking on the price itself. Once started clicking on the price itself everything went ok. Thanks for your response and suggestions.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
That's what grandchildren are for. Fix anything:Mischievous:

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How shocking, another grandchild smarter with computers than grandad or grandma. LOL. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Had my granddaughter show me what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on the down arrow to the right of the price which gave me the dialogue box instead of clicking on the price itself. Once started clicking on the price itself everything went ok. Thanks for your response and suggestions.

Now who would have guessed???
Here's an Apple site with Apple, just like Jony in the marching Army and the only one in step.

Almost every other world wide web site uses a down facing arrow to press/click to complete associated download!!!

Oh well, it would have even been new for me as not a single piece of music in my iTunes library has come from the Apple Store.

- Patrick
======

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the laugh, I needed that. When it took her exactly 2 minutes to show me what I had done wrong. I only wasted about 3 hours trying to figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.