• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The 2017-2018 Season NFL Playoff Thread

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As we approach the latter part of the 2017-18 NFL season, the playoff picture is becoming clearer. My Patriots have clinched the AFC East title for the 9th time in a row and with the spectacular finish against the Steelers last night have likely locked up 1st seed status. IMO, the AFC will come down to Patriots and Steelers in the championship game.

On the NFC side, the Eagles were flying high until the Wentz injury, but perhaps they'd already done enough to coast by for a while.

I had imagined a Patriots - Eagles Super Bowl, but perhaps others in the NFC now believe they have a chance to make a run for it in the last few games of the regular season and in the playoffs.

What are the thoughts of other NFL fans here?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Haven't really followed the NFL this year. I won't express my opinions here about what went on with the "kneeling down" fiasco during the National Anthem. But, you get where I'm coming from. However, I think the Patriots are probably the best team to ever play in the NFL. They will easily beat the Eagles (assuming the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl).

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Although a total outsider to the world of which you speak, this thread has given me the chance to research some of the teams mentioned; and their actions. I learnt a lot.

Schweb's Lounge does allow people of different cultures and, in this case, sporting backgrounds to understand a bit more about each other. I'm most grateful for that.

You'll be relieved to know that I have refrained from jumping in with England's disastrous performance in the Ashes Cricket Test Match series in Australia. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss;D

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Speaking of sports in Australia, where is Harry on this subject? Harry are you there.... ?

OP
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Although a total outsider to the world of which you speak, this thread has given me the chance to research some of the teams mentioned; and their actions. I learnt a lot.

Schweb's Lounge does allow people of different cultures and, in this case, sporting backgrounds to understand a bit more about each other. I'm most grateful for that.

You'll be relieved to know that I have refrained from jumping in with England's disastrous performance in the Ashes Cricket Test Match series in Australia. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss;D

Ian

As a long term Cricket fan, I'm totally looking forward to the World Cup (unfortunately a couple of years away) and can't seem to catch any of the matches at a decent time or cheaply. That's about the best thing I get to catch up on when I visit India...:)

In contrast, I still can't figure out Rugby. What's with all the silly scrum and kick and whatever else they do..;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I'm here Charlie. Not an NFL fan although been to a few games. That seemingly 124 players to a side, trooping on ~ trooping off ~ trooping on wears one out over the three odd hours!

We have just cleaned the Poms up yesterday in cricket. I am sure Ian can explain more!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I still can't figure out Rugby. What's with all the silly scrum and kick and whatever else they do

That's on a need to know basis;P

Rugby started when someone picked a ball during a football (soccer) match and ran with it. In rugby, you can catch glimpses of soccer (kicking the ball), even American Football, (running, passing or throwing the ball - but always backwards not ahead. And our scrum is not a million miles distant from the bit where all the players drive into each other and then the ball comes out on one side or the other).

We have just cleaned the Poms up yesterday in cricket. I am sure Ian can explain more!

Well, Harry, I'm completely agnostic when it comes to cricket; having avoided it at school and never followed it since. Also, I'm Scottish;)

Over the years, I've never quite figured out what being "English" means in respect of playing for that country. They have South Africans, Indians and, indeed, even Scotsmen who have captained the "England" team.

It's all good fun though - except when they're misbehaving off the pitch.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... the spectacular finish against the Steelers last night

Yeah, spectacularly stupid! That was a catch. Well, nobody knows what a catch is in the NFL these days. That was a touchdown, period. The ball crossed the plane of the end line in the receiver's hands. Done. They have to get this right! In every other form of football, that was a touchdown, just not in the NFL in recent years.

Don't count out the Falcons in the NFC. They just have to get hot at the right time. They've got the talent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.