moving email info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
I received emails from a language program with a word-a-day with its explanation and picture. I don't think it is an attachment but more like an embedded frame containing word, explanation and picture.

I like to remove them from my email account and place in a folder on an external drive.

In the past I would click on one email and drag over to new location then delete that email.
but I have quite a few now and would like to know if there is a way to do a selection of all those emails and drag them to new location.
I have tried but have been unsuccessful, can move one at a time at all looks ok but when I try to select more I get the gobbly gook at end of ea email....see attachment...wow this attachment looks large...I did save as jpeg and not png.

So I was wondering if there is a trick to do this or even it this is possible.

spanish email.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
That "gobble gook" is the full header of the individual message. Normally your mail application suppresses that, as you generally don't need or want to see it, but when you copy the message over, then look at it with something other than the mail app all of that addressing/display and signature data shows up.

So, if you let us know WHY you want to remove them from mail, there may be some way to move them to a separate folder within Mail that can be stored where you want, but still use Mail to display them for you without the header information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Junk it and move on. They come through from time to time.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have found a solution to my problem. not the easiest but the best for me now. thanks for all your help.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have found a solution to my problem

Like to share it with us for future readers? Please

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have found a solution to my problem. not the easiest but the best for me now. thanks for all your help.

Like to share it with us for future readers? Please

Ian

That would be appreciated by others I'm sure, including myself.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
In the past I would click on one email and drag over to new location then delete that email.
but I have quite a few now and would like to know if there is a way to do a selection of all those emails and drag them to new location.
I have tried but have been unsuccessful, can move one at a time at all looks ok but when I try to select more I get the gobbly gook at end of ea email....see attachment...wow this attachment looks large...I did save as jpeg and not png.

So I was wondering if there is a trick to do this or even it this is possible.

I'm not exactly what the whole point of that exercise is all about but a few solutions come to mind for selecting the emails:
- setup a filter and if needed, get it to move them to a new mailbox for further work on…
- command-click each wanted email message to select them all

If they are actually attachments that are wanted, they will be in various "Attachment" folders, and separated out such as:
~ username/Library/Mail/V2/type/accountname/INBOX.mbox/a bunch of numbers like43ED950E-97B0-48D5-etc…/Data/2/0/3/Attachments

I don't know how they could be used properly but that's probably where they will be.

- Patrick
======

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
long time replying to what I did to solve my problem. I ended up doing what I was doing before and just dragging each one by one to external drive. my idea was to create a sort of language dictionary for travelling...tho I can see that would be a tremendous amount of work...and one can just buy one if needed for travels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.