Excel Cursor Gone Wild

Reaction score
OK...so I am working in Excel for Mac 2016, in a particular spreadsheet within a worksheet. All of the sudden, the cursor box does not fit squarely inside a cell, but is a little off. If I go back down to the bottom of the worksheet, no problem, but scrolling up, all of the sudden this happens. The cursor box also disappears for a bit. Once this happens and I try to insert a row or data, for example, they do not insert at the correct location. Very frustrating!!!!

I tried to solve this by rewriting the entire sheet, which took some time, and this seems to work for a week or so, but it is back. It would be very painful if I had to start all over and rewrite all the sheets in the worksheet…if this would even work.

I really hope someone knows how to fix this!!! It is quite a bit of sheets all tied together and represents a lot of work, but at the moment I can't proceed.

Blessings on anyone who helps!!

Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

What Mac, what version of the OS? Have you got the latest update to Excel? What mouse or trackpad are you using? Is it ONLY Excel, or are there other applications? What happens if you leave and restart Excel? Is it always in the same cell? How are the cells formatted?

Have you asked at Microsoft?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.