IOS 11 and USB Drive

Reaction score
Hi

I have an iPad with lightning connector and I'd like to be able to transfer photos from it to a USB flash drive. Is the possible? I also would like to transfer files from my wife's Android Phone to the iPad. Do I need to use Google Drive or Dropbox or similar for this to happen?

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi

I have an iPad with lightning connector and I'd like to be able to transfer photos from it to a USB flash drive. Is the possible?

Yes. See video linked below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYZWczGb8iY

I also would like to transfer files from my wife's Android Phone to the iPad. Do I need to use Google Drive or Dropbox or similar for this to happen?

If you can copy those files from the Android to the SD card, then you may be able to go that route. It may depend on the file types in question. A cloud service is probably the best option because once there, you can have any app compatible with the file in question pull it from the cloud.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are some drives such as these that have USB connections on one end and lightning connections on the other. end. I haven't used them personally, and some of them are not cheap, but they might get the job done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just realized you asked about USB drives. I don't know how I got that mixed up with SD cards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Please accept my apologies for not responding to your posts earlier. I had to go abroad and forgot all about my question and didn't check. Sorry.

Thank you for your help and I will look into the IOS flash drives. A bit more expensive than I would like but if they do the job.

Thank you very much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.