moving pdf form to word processing to complete

E

elocs

I have a job application in pdf form which needs to be moved to word processing to complete. I can drag the file to text edit, but I cannot seem to find the way to enter the text onto the application. It does not have active fields so it cannot be filled out in pdf. I'd appreciate any tips on how to do this because I sure do not want to do it by hand. I've spent a lot of frustrating time trying to do something that is probably very simple on the Mini.

TIA

Reaction score
Have you tried opening the PDF with the default preview.app? There is a annotation tool in there that lets you draw text boxes on the pdf. When you draw a new box you might want to change the background colour (because it defaults to yellow). You can do this by going to "Tools" and then "Show Colours" and you can select white.

Afterwards you can resave the pdf with all the annotations or you can print it out.

OP
E

elocs

Yeah, that does work, but

zeta101 said:
Have you tried opening the PDF with the default preview.app? There is a annotation tool in there that lets you draw text boxes on the pdf. When you draw a new box you might want to change the background colour (because it defaults to yellow). You can do this by going to "Tools" and then "Show Colours" and you can select white.

Afterwards you can resave the pdf with all the annotations or you can print it out.

I can't seem to change the color to white using Tools and Show Color. I don't know what to choose to apply it to the yellow boxes. Too bad there is not a way to change it white from the start, then it would be perfect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.