File sharing across Users

Reaction score
Is it possible to make it so folders like desktop and documents are sharable across all users on the mac? I know I can just use the shared folder but I want the same amount of user integration as what's possible on windows if I can help it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
That "amount of user integration as what's possible on windows" is called poor security. The fact that users can see and modify other users data is a major security flaw in Windows. It is not that MS did something, it's that then did NOT do something.

The shared folder is the much better way to go.

OP
T
Reaction score
That "amount of user integration as what's possible on windows" is called poor security. The fact that users can see and modify other users data is a major security flaw in Windows. It is not that MS did something, it's that then did NOT do something.

The shared folder is the much better way to go.
Well maybe not the same level of integration then. I've found a way through the terminal which provides more integration but not too much(users cannot modify or delete other users data) that I think will work for our needs. Thank you for the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.