iPhone X

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Saw an advertisement today from T-Mobile where they will give you $300 off the price of a iPhone X ordered from them. The catch? Remember that old Tennessee Ernie Ford song from way back when "16 Ton"? Some of lyrics go like this:

"You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store…"

LOL. Maybe Lisa can remember that song also? ;D

Oh, yes I remember that song. And I also understand what the reference to the "company store" means. My days of wanting fast cars - expensive or not - are way over. Sorry Sly. In my younger days I had a few speeding tickets but today I am reformed. Plus having no points on my license is nice. O:)

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
LOL. Maybe Lisa can remember that song also?

Oh thanks a lot Charlie, now I'm going to have that song playing over and over in the back of my head for days and days now…

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Well, I'm a week in with mine and still love it.

I'm going caseless. I have since my 6s. Even for the slippery fish that was the iPhone 7. But I find the glass and steel really quite 'grippy'. Yes I'm worried about dropping it but it's so tactile in use that I don't want to interfere with that.

FaceID almost vanishes into the background. In fact I find myself staring at my iPad now wondering why it's not unlocking!
The hidden notification content that appears when you look at the phone is a nice touch. As is the password completion using FaceID. I've found it to be very reliable and works from a greater angle than I expected when just sitting on the desk.

The screen, speed and battery life and cameras are the standouts for me. Even coming from the 7 it feels like a big jump. Must be mind bending coming from a 5s/6.

It's not perfect, but what issues I'm having seem to just be software based.

I'm not a big user of notification centre but I do use Control Centre a lot and the swipe down from the top right is awkward. It works but it's just in the wrong place from a reach perspective. But that's just software so I'm hoping there may be options further down the line.

Front Portrait mode either works really well or fails comically. But it's in beta so there will no doubt be updates for that.

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Good review mrplow. You reaffirmed what I have said and added some points I had not tried yet. I have the same issue with my iPad. I now find it awkward using the home button. I like the swipe feature to switch apps or close them. You get spoiled easily with the face id feature. I have read others claiming it is slow but I have not found that to be true.

I will say the X has a more substantial feel to it that makes your grip feel more secure. I just don't trust myself and I like being able to slip my ID and debit card in the front flap when I go shopping.

I love the notification area. I have it set to keep me updated on local news plus it shows any missed text. I like if someone else picks up my X they will only see a list of notices but no details. That keeps anything listed private until I look at them.

I get what you are saying about the control center. I can live with it but I wish the battery percentage could be shown on the screen. I like seeing what I have left. Going from a 7+ to the X battery life was a concern of mine. So far it has lasted a full day and more which suits me.

Haven't tried portrait mode yet but now I will have to play with it. :D

Lisa

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I also remember that song! :D Grin

Thanks Mr Plow for your review.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 iMac 21' 1Tb, '14, MBP 15" 256 i7 SSD, iPhone X
I got to sit down with my daughter's new 10 yesterday and we figured out a lot of questions she had with it, like where to swipe to get the Control Center to come up (swipe from the upper right corner now),could not figure what replaced the double click on the home button in order to close all the open apps (any ideas?) We both loved everything about it and I can't wait until September to get mine. She has it in a Outer box case with a Zagg type screen protector I liked. My 6s has a tech21 case and a screen protector that has served me well. I have many months to decide what I will get. This 6s has 64 Gig memory which is all I ever would need, she needed the 256 Gig with all her grandchildren!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Double posted.

Reaction score
Anybody can tell me where I can find my receipts? I bought 2 iPhone X online, I received them but did not receive the bill. Where can I find the bills online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The leaflet that comes in the box tells you the basic gestures like multitasking - swipe up from the bottom and pause without removing your finger from the screen.
There’s also a good guide here for all the gestures:
https://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iphfdf164cac

Reaction score
I don't live in the US but your reply is very helpful, I think I know now how to obtain a receipt. Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Anybody can tell me where I can find my receipts? I bought 2 iPhone X online, I received them but did not receive the bill. Where can I find the bills online?
If you purchased through Apple online, they usually send a copy of the receipt to your Apple ID email address too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't live in the US but your reply is very helpful, I think I know now how to obtain a receipt. Thanks a lot

And if that doesn't work, and you don't find it in you Mail "Trash" or "Junk", then give Apple Customer Support a call using a good ol' fashioned telephone.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well i was thinking to post a thread about iPhone X, is there any company offering refurbished iPhone X in cheap price?

Maybe try your UK area's Apple Store site in their Apple Certified Refurbished section, but they may only have that for the US users as they don't have such a section for us Canadian users.

But a browser websearch should get you some valid hits as everybody wants to sell you something it seems these days. :Blushing:

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Well i was thinking to post a thread about iPhone X, is there any company offering refurbished iPhone X in cheap price?

It seems that, in the US at least, the iPhone X is just starting to drop a bit in pricing. There are deals out there to be had. I actually just bought two:

- 256G Space Gray, A1865, brand new in the box, never opened, never activated: $900
- 64G Space Gray, A1865, used, two months old, mint condition, all original accessories (unused): $750.

The first one was a Verizon-branded phone, so it will work anywhere right away, Sprint would need to add the IMEI to their database. The second one is a Sprint phone only at the moment, but can be unlocked after activating it on Sprint for something like 50 days. Both are paid off and iCloud clear.

So, the short version is to start checking your local classifieds as the prices should either just be starting to come down, or will very soon. eBay sellers are still out of their minds with prices. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.