iPhone 6s uploading my "live" photos for the 2nd time as 3 second videos?

Reaction score
Howdy,

My iPhone 6s has just uploaded about 200 of my "live" photos (that were already uploaded as live photos) into my photos on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan as 3 second videos. Anyone have any idea why? I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Peter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like a third-party app converting them and saving them back to your photos library.

Go into Settings - Privacy - Photos and see which apps have write access to your Photos library. That should help determine if that's the issue

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I checked this, and that cannot be it as no apps have access. I decided to update my OS on my Macbook from El Capitan to High Sierra to see if this might take care of it. It was odd however that it was while I was using El Capitan that this happened, and it loaded the live images first, then reloaded them as videos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OK let's think again.

How exactly are you copying the live photos from your iPhone to your Mac?

Can you explain this a little more:
"it loaded the live images first, then reloaded them as videos. " - What did?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.