First Imac (early 09) boot with wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Refurb Core 2 Duo+ Pro IMac 20- Desktop on delivery.
Hello y'all. I just received my First Refurb Imac. I Powered up with my USB Wireless Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard. I got through the initial setup until it asked to Connect to WIFI. It asked for my Password. I then realized that My Bluetooth Keyboard was not Connected. I couldn't find any options to proceed to an option to connect it. Any advice before I go Buy A Cheep Wired Keyboard soon?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just to clarify, you purchased a iMac that was purchased as a Refurb from someone else? You cannot purchase a refurb today any iMac that is more than 2 years old. Anyway, that machine originally shipped with OS X Leopard and a wired Apple Keyboard. While it does have Bluetooth, it was likely not configured to be enabled during initial setup since it came with a wired keyboard.

I have a late 2009 iMac that came with the wireless keyboard and the keyboard is active shortly after the iMac boots.

You should grab a wired keyboard and get into the system and then enable the Bluetooth support to connect the wireless keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.