powerbook with firewire

• Thread starter cadillac vernon
  • Start date
C

cadillac vernon

Hi there, I recently bought a Presonus Firebox to record multitrack audio with programs like Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, etc.

My goal is to go portable with this so I am thinking of buying a laptop. I am wondering why Apple has discontinued their 15" and 17" powerbooks. The 12" ones only have Firewire 400 ports, but my Firebox supports 800. I am wondering if it makes a huge difference. Should I buy a 15 or 17 incher off ebay, or will the Firewire 400 port be sufficient for recording audio?

What is the difference between Firewire ports when it comes to recording? Thanks for your help,

vern

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
the Powerbooks have been discontinued because they have been replaced by the macbook pro's

as for audio recording it depends really on what your going to record

OP
C

cadillac vernon

inflexion said:
the Powerbooks have been discontinued because they have been replaced by the macbook pro's

as for audio recording it depends really on what your going to record

i am recording guitar (acoustic and electric), bass thru a DI box, mic'd drums and running a MIDI controller. not all at one time though, as there are only two mic inputs on the Firebox. i am thinking of getting the 8-input firepod though. would a 12" powerbook be alright for this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.